Insane GFX
April 19, 2024, 01:44:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome To Insane GFX™, and its friendly staff!

Home   Forum   Help Staff List Login Register  

Full Signature Tutorial (A.S.G.T)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Signature Tutorial (A.S.G.T)  (Read 432 times)
Shadowraith

Xbox Gamer Tag: N/A

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:11:35 am »

Welcome to Another Shadowraith Gimp Tutorial (A.S.G.T)

This is a full signature tutorial, fairly basic and should be rather easy to follow. Want I really want you, the reader, to achieve from this tutorial, is not just a new sig, but new techniques, these are the heart of a sig, without any all sigs would be bland and boring. I will show you how to make the most of these simple techniques to make a very complex sig. This sig was almost completely made with Defaults. Now let's get started Smiley

Resources
-Render
-Logo
-Sentinel GFX Brush Set

Tutorial

In this tutorial you will be making a sig like this:

Step 1

Open up a new canvas, I will be using 400x100, get out the Paintbucket tool and fill with black.

Step 2

Next scale your render to fit inside the sig and paste it in on a new layer.

Step 3

Make a new transparent layer and move it just beneath the render layer. Get out the Paint brush tool, change your FG color to white, select a couple brushes from the Cloud set you have just downloaded and make a couple of clicks so that it fills almost the entire sig. Leave this layer as Normal at 100% opacity.

Step 4

Duplicate your render layer twice, move one just underneath the render layer and leave the other duplicate where it is. Select the one below the original render layer, go Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and change the settings to 20. Now go Filters>Distorts>Shift and change the settings to 10.

Step 5

Now go to the other duplicated layer and go Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and leave the X and Y settings at around 20. This bit is rather tricky so listen carefully. Go back to your original render layer and go Layer>Transparency>Alpha To Selection, then Select>Shrink by about 5 pixels, then Select>Feather and change it to around 10 pixels. Then select your render duplicated layer which is above the original render layer and go Edit>Clear and set this duplicated layer to Normal at 100% opacity. Almost done so bare with me, now go Select>Invert, go back to the original render layer and go Edit>Clear. Hope you're still with me Cheesy

Step 6

Go Edit>Copy Visible then Edit>Paste into a new layer, move this layer to the top of the layer stack. Duplicate this layer 3 times, call them Color#1, Color#2, Color#3 from bottom to top.

Step 7

It's time to turn this image into a sig. On the first duplicated layer (Color#1), change your FG color to a strong red, I used ff1010 and your BG to a strong yellow, I used efe70d. Go Color>Map>Gradient Map. Set this layer to Overlay at 70% Opacity. Now go to the Color#2 layer, change your FG to a strong blue (0617ed) and leave your BG as a strong yellow. Do another Gradient Map and change this layer to Color at 50% Opacity. Last but not least go to the Color#3 layer, change your FG to a strong green (3bfc0e) and your BG to a brown (7c3e32), do one more Gradient Map and set this layer to Overlay at 20% Opacity.

Step 8

Go Edit>Copy Visible then Edit>Paste and move this layer to the top of the stack. If you sig is looking too dark go Color>Brightness-Contrast and change the brightness setting to 30 and the contrast setting to 10. Now to add the main text. I am using the logo for the game Army Of Two, which my render is from, you can either use a logo or some large, thick text. Paste in the logo or create your text on a new transparent layer at the top of the stack.

Step 9

Make a new transparent layer underneath the text/logo layer, select the text/logo layer and go Select>Transparency>Alpha To Selection. Now go back to the empty layer, go Select>Grow by 1 pixel then change your FG color to black and go Edit>Fill with FG. Now to finish off go Filters>Blur>Gaussian Blur and change the settings to around 10.

Step 10

Now do another Edit>Copy Visible and Edit>Paste onto a new transparent layer at the top of the stack. Now go Color>Desaturate and duplicate this layer 3 times. On the first duplicated layer, change your FG color to a strong red, I used ff1010 and your BG to a strong yellow, I used efe70d. Go Color>Map>Gradient Map. Set this layer to Overlay at 60% Opacity. Now go to the second duplicated layer, change your FG to a strong blue (0617ed) and leave your BG as a strong yellow. Do another Gradient Map and change this layer to Overlay at 60% Opacity. Last but not least go to the third duplicated layer, change your FG to a strong green (3bfc0e) and leave the BG as a yellow. Do one more Gradient Map and set this layer to Overlay at 20% Opacity.

Step 11

Now you can add a border if you want to. To finish off go Edit>Copy Visible then Edit>Paste and if your sig is too dark go Color>Brightness-Contrast and change the Brightness setting to 50 and the Contrast setting to 20.

I hope you have enjoy this tutorial, all feedback is welcome and I am looking forward to seeing some results Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: